Updated: Jul 29, 2019
Yes, it is possible to eat healthy on a budget! Here are 5 quick tips to help you get started.
1. Plan ahead by thinking about the upcoming week and making menus and a grocery list for the meals you will be eating at home. This helps prevent food waste & grabbing less than healthy choices that might raise your blood sugar.
2. Try store brand foods-they are good!
3. Use the shelf tag to compare unit prices when comparing brands to find the best price.
4. Save on fresh produce at the farmers market.
5. Visit your supermarket’s website, and check the circular to benefit from specials and promotions.
Plan, compare unit prices and experiment with store brands to save money and eat healthier.